The world’s largest annual consumer technology show — CES 2018 in Las Vegas — took place in January 2018 and some of the most exciting gadgets this year were on display in the augmented reality (AR) marketplace.
This follows the news, announced in December, that 2018 will be the year the previously secretive company Magic Leap joins the likes of Microsoft, Meta, ODG, Mira and DAQRI to launch an AR headset. (more…)
These days businesses can focus so much on the trees that they forget the forest.
Take the newspaper business, which has been on a death spiral for at least 20 years.
- We have 20% fewer journalists working today than we had in 2001 (Saba, Jennifer (March 16, 2009). “Specifics on Newspapers from ‘State of News Media’ Report”. Editor & Publisher. Archived from the original on March 20, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-17).
- Many readers no longer seek out newspapers per se; they look for specific writers, journalists, social media and blogs. (Ibid)
- In an effort to cut costs, many news publications have cut staff and content, which turns away readers, creating a vicious cycle. (Morton, John (October–November 2007). “Buffeted: Newspapers Are Paying the Price for Shortsighted Thinking”. American Journalism Review.)
You can understand how important storytelling is to film and video.
When you tell a good story, you involve your audience, who identifies with one or more characters. Screenwriting guru Robert McKee talks a lot about stories in this Harvard Business Review interview.
Good stories light up the imaginations of those who are reading, hearing, or experiencing them in other ways. (more…)
It can be challenging to find the right domain suffix for your business. On top of a great domain name, you have to make sure that no one else has that domain name with suffix (e.g., .com or .org).
Jonesplumbing.com is probably already taken. (more…)
- receive emails with attachments that really turn out to be the senders’ logos and other gewgaws like professional credentials?
- find that emails with attachments are often sent to junk mail by accident?
- discover that legitimate (but large) email attachments are turned away by your recipient’s server?